Title 42 is set to expire on December 21. Illegal immigrants are making a fresh push for the Land of the Semi-Free, and the Home of the (Few), Brave. There will be many who simply want a better lifestyle. They are not all the same. Some will be human traffickers; others will be drug dealers; some will be run-of-the-mill criminals while others will be sex offenders.
Last week, ICE announced it had arrested 138 illegal immigrants who were also sex offenders. ICE was kind enough not to call them “noncitizens” and said that they included those with an executable final removal order. Are you referring to the fact that no one thought of getting rid of them the first time? They may now be brought to the U.S. attorney’s office.
ICE reports on some of the most serious offenders include:
- A 65-year-old citizen of Mexico in La Puente, California, was convicted by the Superior Court in Pomona of continuous sexual abuse of a child in March 2022
- A 61-year-old citizen of Mexico in Richland, Washington, was convicted by the Benton County Superior Court of child molestation in January 2020
- A 50-year-old citizen of Mexico in Winnie, Texas, was convicted by the Chambers County District Attorney’s Office of sexual performance by a child in August 2022
- A 49-year-old citizen of Guatemala in Chicago, convicted by the Cook County Circuit Court of predatory criminal sexual assault of a minor in October 2017
- A 49-year-old citizen of Cameroon in Front Royal, Virginia, was convicted by the Circuit Court in Prince George’s County of sexual abuse of a minor in June 2022
- A 44-year-old citizen of Haiti in Queens Village, New York, was convicted by the Queens County Supreme Court of rape in the second degree, promoting prostitution in the second degree, and promoting prostitution in the third degree in September 2017
- A 42-year-old citizen of Bolivia in Levittown, New York, convicted by the Nassau County Court of first-degree rape in April 2002
- A 36-year-old citizen of Nicaragua in El Monte, California, was convicted by the Superior Court in Los Angeles of assault with intent to rape, robbery in the second degree, and rape with force/violence/fear of bodily injury in March 2015
- A 35-year-old citizen of Mexico in Jourdanton, Texas, was convicted by the 144th District Court of Bexar County of aggravated sexual assault of a child in July 2019
- A 29-year-old citizen of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Milwaukee was convicted by the Milwaukee County Circuit Court of second-degree sexual assault of a child in March 2022
Breitbart reported that 21 people were arrested in Los Angeles, 15 in San Francisco, and five in Seattle, all of which are sanctuary cities. Other people were taken into custody in New York, which is a sanctuary state.
Emmett Sullivan, U.S. District Judge, called Title 42 “capricious” and “arbitrary”. Granted, the pandemic wasn’t the problem it was promoted to be but secure borders are NOT capricious or arbitrary. Does it seem capricious or arbitrary to restrict who enters a country’s borders? It is capricious to try to stop the spread of infectious diseases. Does it seem capricious or arbitrary to try to stop those who profit from the sexual abuse and neglect of children and women? Is it capricious or arbitrary to attempt to stop the flow of fentanyl in the country? Is it capricious or arbitrary to try and protect the citizens from cartels, criminal gang members, and yes, even sex offenders?
No. People who come here to enjoy a better life want to escape everything. They will be shocked to learn that America is becoming a socialist country. We’ll save that surprise for later.
Texas Governor Greg Abbot responded to Sullivan’s ruling by tweeting:
Federal Judge blocks federal authorities from using Title 42.
This will further signal to cartels, human smugglers, & illegal immigrants that the border is wide open—inciting more violence & lawlessness.
— Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) November 15, 2022
He is correct.
Many will want to know the details. America already has many sex offenders. It’s not as though the problem didn’t exist before the influx of illegal immigrants. We already have sex offenders. Drug dealers and other criminals are also included. There are enough problems to solve. We don’t require any more.